a tale of two dressers - green paint refresh
I've been busy while on vacation back East working on refreshing a few rooms for family and friends. My Mom has two dressers that are useful, but not very pretty in her master bedroom. Nothing a little paint can't fix!
I started with this tired bulky masculine dresser of my Dad's. I gave it a good sanding, then primed it and brushed on two coats of a greenish-grey latex Behr paint (I actually didn't like the beige-grey colour that I had picked out so did some custom mixing by adding black and dark green paint I had left from a previous project). I then sanded the edges to give it a distressed look and let some of the wood come through and added new hardware.
Next up, an art-deco-inspired beast that my Mom picked up for free from a friend. I spray-painted the tall dark dresser in a high gloss sage green Rustoleum after a light sanding and a coat of primer. I finished off with 3 coats of water-based high gloss Varathane.
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out given the only cost was a little paint and some new hardware. Check out how they fit in the complete refreshed master bedroom.