DIY corner headboard... one week challenge Week 3
Week 3 already! I made some great progress over last weekend on my home office/guest room makerover for the One Room Challenge. Today, I'm going to show you the headboard project for a new corner daybed.
I have a single mattress in the corner of my office where I want to be able to curl up and read. I wanted a more finished look, so I decided to make a headboard. I started with two sheets of plywood cut to size for me at Home Depot...and ended up with this...
I purchased a single bed foam mattress topper from Wal-Mart for $17 and wrapped the plywood boards with this and some batting over top. This was quite easy, and I actually didn't even use spray adhesive, as staples held it tight.
Then I cut white sailcloth that I purchased and wrapped it around the boards and batting, stapling tight as I went, starting from the centre of each side and working toward the corners.
I used simple eye hooks on the back of the boards and hung them onto screws in the wall, matched up to where the studs were for solid support.
I was planning on tufting the boards, but actually liked the casual look for this room. But it did need something to finish it, so I added nail head detailing along the edges. Simplest thing ever and cost only $2 for a box of 25 nailheads.
So now you are getting the idea of my white room with pops of colour. I also did some DIY art and hacked an IKEA chair, which I will show you next week.
See the final ORC reveal here.
Make sure to hop over and see the other talented bloggers' progress on their rooms.