How to Style an Easy Vignette
I love seeing an interesting vignette in homes. It instantly gives me a glimpse into the personality of the home owner. Vignettes are really easy ways to make your space meaningful and beautiful, and they're also a cinch to change up regularly with things you already own. I change up the vignettes around my home all the time - just changing where things are displayed and what you put together with what is a sustainable way to refresh without painting or renovating or buying something new.
5 simple ways to style a vignette:
1. Start with the centrepiece. This is something that you build the rest of the vignette around and has personal meaning to you. A memento from a trip, a piece of art, something found from nature, a special vintage find, or a precious gift.
2. Add height and depth. A tall element, which may or may not be your centrepiece, and other shorter ones make it interesting. And don't arrange everything in a line against the wall or the back of the surface it's on. Put some things in front of others.
3. Add an uneven assortment of small accessories. I like to group in 3's or fives as its pleasing to the eye.
4. Bring in nature. Whether it's flowers or something found on the beach or your backyard, adding an organic element will make the display and your home feel more natural and peaceful.
5. Edit. Step back to review your vignette and then remove a piece or two. We usually have a tendency to add too much; a cleaner look will feel more relaxed and natural, and also allow you and guests to focus on the meaningful things you've displayed.
It's really that easy! No need to feel overwhelmed or like you don't have anything good to put on display. Find something you love, bring something in from outdoors, and put them together for a refreshed, natural, sustainable home.
Want ideas on how to calm your home while also making it beautiful? Download my free Quickstart Guide to a Calm Home for more insider tips.